- Gabriele Porta Installation View (Room I), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (My Wedding Will Be A Funeral), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Installation View (Room III), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Love, 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled, 2014
- Gabriele Porta The Long Impurification Has Begun, 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (The Last Thought In Kids Lives Is Love), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (The Amazing Love In Someone Who Does Not Believe In The Possibility Of Genocide), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (The Wild Flowers Of Kenya), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (My Funeral Will Be A Wedding), 2014
OPENING, FRIDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2014 H 6.00 - 9.00 PM
Federica Schiavo Gallery is delighted to present Pure Love, Gabriele Porta’s first solo show in Rome. The exhibition is built around three main themes: love, sex and death, within the artist develops a wide range of shades such as tenderness, pornography, the cult of dead.
In Porta’s work these issues present the eternal dualism between opposites that however do not entail a real contrast but a mutual completion and it leads to a new territory where the visitor will experience a continuous oscillation between pleasure and disgust.
The exhibition includes a video on a monitor, a video projection, a new series of paintings on board, prints and drawings on sandpaper.
The cornerstone of the exhibition – even though decentralized in the gallery’s space - is the connection of the video projection My Wedding Will Be A Funeral, a cruel amateur film shot in Kenya, to a series of works on paper whose lightness creates a powerful and disturbing contrast with the content of the video.
The show Pure Love is prohibited to minors under the age of 18.