- Gabriele Porta George Stinney 01, 2015
- Gabriele Porta George Stinney 02, 2015
- Gabriele Porta Love, 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (Diaspora), 2014
- Gabriele Porta Happinness and Sorroww, 2014
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (Omaggio a Nina Simone), 2012
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (First Touch), 2011
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (You Take Care), 2011
- Gabriele Porta Ragazzi di vita, 2010/2011
- Gabriele Porta Day By Day Shining Into The Grave, 2010
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (Chimp in the snow), 2009
- Gabriele Porta Looking For Beginning, 2009
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (after Perugino), 2009
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (Bad Boys Go To Heaven), 2009
- Gabriele Porta Go To New Babylon, 2008
- Gabriele Porta OZU Trilogy - Another Trilogy for Noriko, 2007
- Gabriele Porta Untitled (Crying), 2007
Gabriele Porta was born in Monza, Italy in 1981. He lives and works in Arcore. After graduating at the Brera Academy of Fine Arts, Milan in 2004 he won a scholarship and moved to London for a postgraduate Master Degree in Fine Arts Media at Slade School of Art.
His work ranges through various media, video, photography, drawing and print making. The artist has been fascinating by the friction between opposite situation, that in his work redefines a new territory where he can transform friction into an oscillating feeling between beauty and violence.
Porta has always been interested in deep topics such as Life, Death, Love, Religion, Sex, Fear, that can potentially bring the viewer into a personal narrative path that leads in a sort of ambiguity between the images and the feeling of the work.
In his practice, Gabriele Porta, always try to create images that will be consumed by time whilst engaging with the viewer in a continuous relation with the physical disintegration.
Selected solo and group exhibitions: Palazzo Candiotti, Foligno, Italy (2015); Federica Schiavo Gallery, Rome, Italy (2014); Galleria Lia Rumma, Naples, Italy (2014); Oriel Sycharth Gallery, Glyndwr University, Wrexham, UK (2013); Galerie Arnaud Lefebvre, Paris, France (2012); Viafarini DOCVA, Milan, Italy (2009); Federica Schiavo Gallery, Rome, Italy (2009); La Rada Spazio per l’Arte Contemporanea, Locarno, Switzerland (2009); Flat 5B, London, UK (2008); Nuans, Dusseldorf, Germany (2007); Slade Gallery Woburn Square, London, UK (2007); University College London, London, UK (2007).